Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rube Goldberg

In science class I'm learning about Rube Goldberg and his crazy machines. He would create complex machines to do simple tasks. One of my homework assignments is to make a Rube Goldberg machine and I have to choose what task it will perform. I don't want it to wipe my mouth or anything like that. I want mine to turn off my garage light. This lesson is teaching me to use empirical knowledge and the experimental method.  To see a really cool example of a Rube Goldberg machine, check out this video on YouTube. We won't do anything like this!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouXygRcRC4 

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of cool videos of Rube Goldberg machines on youtube. Also, lots of people with too much free time.

    I can't wait to see what you come up with to turn off the garage light.

    You're having a super fun science class Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete