Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Scientist

Yesterday my mom asked me what a scientist looked like. This is supposed to be a research scientist and his lab. This looks like a science lab you see in movies. Some of this looks like a real research scientist's lab. The purpose of this exercise is to see what you think a scientist looks like. The reason I drew this is because I have seen scientists like this in movies. In real science labs they don't usually have things blowing up or things like the Shakealater 3000. They might have computers; in fact they have to have computers! They don't have to be nerdy white men. They could be African-American, Hispanic, a lady, or whomever! Heck, I'm a scientist!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Wyatt,
    I tried to post a comment a little while ago, but I don't think it went through. I was saying that I would have to show your mad scientist picture to Grandpa Pete, since it would remind him of the day you spent with him in his lab. And I was congratulating you on your good grades. Wondering if you got the capital of Delaware right on your test! You are lucky to have two such great teachers--didn't know your dad was teaching you math! And they are lucky to have such a great student and son! Well, if you get my first comment, you will have the same thing twice, but I guess that is better than not at all.
    I love you, and keep up the good work,
    Gamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! I'd love to see one of these, every week! My favorite part is the little chemistry vials and test tubes on the table next to the research scientist! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cruce was a mad scientist for Halloween once. I made him a lab coat (you can have it if you like). Then we found some dry ice and he carried around a beaker and the dry ice and water, lots of spooky steam coming out of the beaker. Ah, and there was the requisite super gelled hair so you look mad.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning to be a hippie for Halloween. Maybe I could be a hippie scientist with exploding vials!

    ReplyDelete